Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Travel Makeup...What to take?

I'm going out of town Friday (YAY!!!) and I'll be gone until Monday...so of course I have to bring some make-up with me.  I've been looking at the TSA site and checking Google to see about what's best for travel make-up.  Below I've posted a picture of what I am currently taking...of course I need to minimize, but would you believe I've been through all of it twice now and have put stuff back already? Lol.  The only thing about going out of town is that you don't want to be without anything, and of course you don't know what "looks" you want to wear.  So I picked some safe choices...but I also am planning on doing my friends' make-up, which is why I wanted more eyeshadow and lip options.  Either way, I'm thinking of putting my make-up (what I can at least) into my carry-on because heaven forbid my luggage gets lost and I lose my make-up.  Uh uh. Ain't nobody got time for that! 

When traveling it's important to pick things that will work for different looks, day and night.  For me the eyeshadow choice was pretty clear. Naked and Naked 2.  They both work great for neutral looks or smokey night looks and you can pair them with any colors.  They are also (of course) universally flattering.  My foundation and primer I'm taking in a little sample container (like the ones they give you at Sephora) because that's all I will need for the weekend.  I think the hardest selection for me to narrow down was lips: liner, lipsticks, and glosses. I've packed at least 5 of each.  I'm going to go through one more time though.  I can't wait to wear MAC's Heroine for a night out on the town in San Francisco!!


No comments:

Post a Comment