Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I love love love free samples!! ❤❤

Seriously love!! I like ordering products I could pick up in the store online (via Sephora) because they always have free samples and some good ones. Lots of times I will also need a product but wait sometimes for 'free gift w/purchase' time.   It's a great way to get samples of products you wouldn't normally buy in the store. And lots of times samples are hit or miss, so you'll wind up liking some and tossing others. 

The samples I have below are:

Tarte's Amazonian Clay double detox face back, bareMinerals purely moisturizing cream, Dior's lash Maximizer, Stila's convertible color in Peony, and TimeBalm's Apricot Skin Renewal Cream.

HITS:
  •  Tarte's clay mask was great! It was not drying and didn't get so hard that I thought my face would crack.  I noticed afterwards my skin wasn't 'dried out' like some masks tend to do, and my pores looked smaller.  Overall, my skin looked refreshed, I'd def buy this again.
  • Dior's lash maximer: BOMB! This was great for me, it really did lengthen and separate my lashes, which made application of my mascara much easier! Not sure the price, but I would repurchase for sure.


MISS:
  • TimeBalm's Apricot Skin Renewal Cream--for me, this cream was very, very heavy and thick.  It applied like "goop" compared to most moisturizers, and it wasn't for me.  I also didn't notice any significant moisturizing feeling...it only seemed to clog my pores.  Not for me. 
  • bareMinerals moisturizing cream: for me, this cream felt like any other cream, which doesn't make me want to purchase it.  I feel like it got the job done, but I didn't notice any difference from a drug store cream (some of which are actually better in my opinion) and still had dry patches peeking through.  This just wasn't working for my skin.
Lastly, as for Stila's convertible color in Peony, I'm on the fence.  I think the color is soft, pretty, and buildable.  It can def work for day to night makeup, and it has the perk of being a cheek or lip cream.  Not sure if I would repurchase this only because I'm not a super fan of cream cheek color.  I prefer powder because for me, a novice, it is easier to work with and if you make a mistake during application, its easier to fix without ruining your makeup.  But again, the color is super pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment