Friday, May 3, 2013

I like makeup. And food.

Next to my family and friends, makeup and food are my favorite things, lol! So i'll probably post about food and makeup a lot, and perhaps my attempts to engage in a healthier lifestyle.  I am trying to stick to 'clean eating' for the most part, but for me the hardest thing is remembering to eat 5-6 meals a day.  I could literally go thru my entire day at work without eating a thing, then go home and turn into a ravenous food crazed vacuum sometimes.  Ugh.  But balance in life is important.  For the mind, body, and spirit, so i'm working on it.  Yesterday I did a day of juice only, just to help clean out the gunk in my body.  Not to say that it does anything or makes you lose weight, but sometimes food, especially junk food, can cause fatigue, headaches, dizziness, etc.  So I felt a little sluggish and decided a day or two of juice would help my energy levels back up.  And there's no denying that the better you eat, the better you feel.  I know the cost of food has risen significantly, but I've noticed that when compared to the amounts I used to spend on fast food, there isn't much of a difference.  I'm rambling, but this is just how I feel today. 

I follow some great people on Instagram....here are a couple of my favorite pictures/quotes from the past week.  Really inspiring!  






FYI, these were inspiring to me.  Totally not a fan of those self-righteous better than you type posts or people.  And i'm not one of them lol.  Believe me, I've got a super long way to go to be where I need to be.  But everyday is always another step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment