Saturday, May 4, 2013

MAC Pro Lip Palette: 6 Preferred Pinks

I picked this palette up online a couple of weeks ago.  I bought it because it had two shades I was really interested in (Show Orchid and Violetta) and for the price, you get 6 different colors, so I found it to be a value.  The cost was $40, and MAC's individual lipsticks are $15 apiece.  You don't get as much lipstick as a full tube, but lipstick lasts forever so I found it to be worth the price.  Anywho, below are some pics of the palette and swatches.  The colors are gorgeous! I personally feel they could have used something other than Pretty Please as it barely shows and you have to literally put on four layers--but it would probably show better on someone with a lighter complexion, like NC20 or so.  On me, however, it doesn't show up too well.  If you don't know about MAC's lipstick finishes, here's a good article to break down the finishes for you.  Show Orchid and Violetta are definently the standouts.  Super bright and pigmented.  However, for me, the silent standout is Creme de la Femme.  I would have never picked this color up on its own, but its super creamy and an overall great pink, versatile for day (work) or night (play). 

The colors: left to right: Pretty Please (lustre), Please Me (matte), Lovelorn (lustre), Creme de la Femme (frost), Show Orchid (amplified), and Violetta (amplified). 

Swatches: Left to Right: Violetta, Show Orchid, Creme de la Femme, Lovelorn, Please Me, and Pretty Please.


Available at MAC Online (Pro section--but anyone can order)...check it out here.  I hope to get the Preferred Plums palette next! Looks divine!



No comments:

Post a Comment