Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review: Fresh Sugar Lip Polish

There's nothing more important than a lip scrub, especially if you're wearing matte lipstick. Otherwise, every dry lip flake will shine through and ruin the appearance of your lipstick. I've seen and used different homemade lip scrubs which are super easy to make-I just worry about storing them for a long time (perishable, maybe?). So essentially every time I want a lip scrub I have to make up a new batch. There's minimal price and work involved, especially with ingredients like sugar, honey, and oil. I just wished there was a way to make a batch and store it for months. Fast forward to April and I decided to try out the Fresh Sugar lip polish. It had pretty decent reviews. So after using it I found it to be just as effective as the DIY lip scrubs. Texture wise it was a bit more grainy than my homemade scrubs (which is good considering you want to scrub). After using you have to follow up with moisturizer, as it can be drying. Instructions are straightforward, wipe on lips, rub in and wipe off with a warm, damp towel.

Not sure if this is a holy grail must have product, especially with the $22.50 price tag, but it's super convenient and gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment