Friday, May 10, 2013

Naked vs. Naked 2 by Urban Decay

Urban Decay is a big (popular) brand in the eyeshadow community, and the Naked and Naked 2 palettes are probably the most popular/most purchased eyeshadow palettes (opinion, not sure if this is rooted in some sort of fact or statistic out there). These palettes are available here at Urban Decay.  Both palettes retail at $50, which I know is a lot of money, but considering that you get 12 eyeshadows, all of which blend together beautifully and can be used for day or night looks, its not too bad of a deal.  Single pots of Urban Decay's eyeshadow retail for $18-$20 dollars, its not a bad bargain. I'd recommend watching out for sales.  Urban Decay, at least 2x a year if not more, always has a Friends and Family or Holiday sale, where you can receive upwards to 20% off your entire purchase.  Sephora will sometimes have a sale too and they are also retailers of Urban Decay products. Ulta also may have a 20% off coupon for Urban Decay as well.  I would def try and monitor sales and then purchase a palette at that time.  I'm not sure if you need both, perhaps swatching the palette in store and looking at the colors might help decide which you prefer.

OH! And both palettes come with brushes! Nice brushes! Brushes that retail from Urban Decay for $26.  So the palettes really is a good deal.  They also, in the packaging, come with either a free UD primer potion (Naked) or a sample size of the naked lip gloss (Naked ---a super gorgeous neutral pinky color that I love!)

In addition to the two Naked palettes, Urban Decay released a Naked Basics palette, which features six, all matte shadows.  I haven't purchased it because I have both Naked palettes and it retails for $27, but I don't feel like any of the shades are so spectacular or so different from the Naked shadows that I need to have it. I love both palettes, and often times find myself reaching for both, as they both have some of my favorite shades.  If I had to pick only one that I could have ever ever ever, it would be near impossible, but I'd probably say Naked (the original palette), although...admittedly lately I reach for Naked 2 more often.


Here are some pics:



















Naked:
Colors Left to Right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal. 

Naked 2:
Colors Left to Right: Foxy, Half Baked (also in Naked), Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout.
I will try and update this post later with some eye "looks" I've created with these palettes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment