Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Russian Red vs. Ruby Woo vs. Riri Woo

So i've tried all three lipsticks back to back and here are my thoughts.  Russian Red is still my absolute favorite.  I know it does not flatter all skin types as well as Riri Woo or Ruby Woo, but it looks great on me and is truly a deep, blood red.  Although Russian Red is also a matte lipstick, is still has a slight sheen when it dries.  I like Riri Woo better than Ruby Woo because it is slightly darker and applies with more ease than Ruby Woo, which tends to pull across the lip (because it is a drying matte lipstick). Also, Riri Woo applies more evenly than Ruby Woo, so after one swipe you have opague pigmentation. Riri Woo also seems less drying than Ruby Woo, but has the same staying power!  However, if you already have Ruby Woo, you may just pass on Riri Woo because they are very very close.  Not exactly the same, but very similar.

If you plan on wearing any of these reds, a lip scrub is in order! I used my Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub prior to trying on these lippies and followed up with a little Vaseline to moisturize. 

Color swatches (Don't judge me if my lips are colored outside the line.  I used the camera on my iPhone as a mirror lol):

Left to Right: Russian Red, Ruby Woo, RiRi Woo




Finally, here's a pic of me last week wearing Russian Red (didn't feel the need to reswatch, my lips are not having it tonight). 

No comments:

Post a Comment