Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nordstrom Mini Haul (with FREE samples!)

Last week when I was doing some Mother's Day shopping I stopped at the MAC counter and was informed that the following weekend (today) they were having an event.  With the event they were giving away gift bags/boxes with free samples with a purchase.  For MAC I don't think there was a minimum purchase amount, so I just got 2 lipsticks and a lipglass I had been eyeing.  I prepaid and all I had to do was pick it up today.  Glad I did because it was a zoo.  Makeup chairs everywhere in the beauty department, so many people. Ugh.  I like to shop in peace and quiet, when I can have an associate's undivided attention.  

So the box the samples came in is pretty cool, a super sturdy matte black box.  I'm actually glad I got this over a bag because for my trip to Cali, I could put my travel makeup in the box and not be super worried that it will be damaged at the airport.  It is really really tough. I listed the samples below, and I got a few Gucci Guilty because they know it's my current fave and I'm not ready to shell out a ton of money on perfume when I don't wear it too often.  

The items I picked up were MAC lipstick in Viva Glam II (satin finish-a light brownish purplish color) and Creme Cup (a cremesheen finish--a soft, light pink) and a lipglass in Viva Glam V.  There are sample pics below.

Free samples from my gift box:

  • Thierry Mugler Alien eau de parfum
  • Gucci Guilty eau de toilette
  • Diptyque Eau Rose eau de toilette
  • MAC Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator (super excited to try this--heard good things)
  • MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara
  • MAC Tan and Rose Pigment


No comments:

Post a Comment