Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dior's Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara

Let me tell you! This mascara is the BOMB dot com!  When it comes to mascara, I've tried all types, many different brands over the past ten years.  At the end of the day, my go to mascara is Covergirl's LashBlast.  It's affordable, and for me gave me beautiful dark lashes.  I find high end mascaras to very rarely be worth the extra money, at least in my experience.  I know everyone is different.  But while I was at Sephora one day, I saw the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara and decided to give it a try.  I was pleased with Dior's lash primer, so I wanted to check out the Dior mascara.  From the very first time I put on the first coat, I could instantly tell the difference.  It coated my lashes beautifully and gave me length and curl.  I also found that it didn't take as much product to get the effect I wanted as with my Covergirl LashBlast.  Regardless, I am in loveeeeeeee with this mascara right now.  By far my favorite.  

I'm not a huge fan of false eyelashes (primarily because I absolutely suck at applying them lol) so a good mascara is very important to me.  My natural lashes aren't bad, they're just not as thick or full as I'd like them to be.  If I had to really think hard about it and find a flaw with the mascara, I would say that if you tried to apply multiple coats, it can get clumpy/too thick, as it dries very quickly.  Still, I'd recommend this mascara to anyone out there, and my Covergirl for people who aren't looking for high end, but something nearly as good.  

Below i have some before and after swatches. I used Dior on one eye and Covergirl on the other.  As you can see, they are both close, but the Dior is blacker, more striking, and again used less product.  I know these pics aren't that great and really don't do the mascara any justice, but I'll post them anyway.  Dior on the left Covergirl on the right. 





FYI I purchased this product at Sephora during their Beauty Chic week (15% off).  I think it might be exclusive to Sephora only.  Sephora has a great return policy, so if you aren't satisfied with a purchase, even if you've used it, you can still return it for a full refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment