Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Master Cleanse: Day One

Not sure if today can actually count as day one or not.  Either way, I started the morning with the salt water flush.  Ugh.  32 ounces of warm water with 2 teaspoons of salt mixed in, all shaken up.  You basically have to chug this solution down, or do it in as few gulps as possible because once you begin drinking and stop, you taste the salt water.  It wasn't absolutely horrible, but it wasn't pleasant either.  Maybe I'll get more used to it as time goes on.  I would say that within 30 minutes of consuming the drink I was in the bathroom.  And then a second time within 15 minutes of that.  The point of the flush is to aid in waste removal.  I found that it did the job.  Not sure if I would do daily though, especially with the tea. Considering its a little uncomfortable and the drink isn't too tasty.  We'll see though.

The reason why I said I'm not sure if today could count as day one is because I had solid food technically.  It is amazing at how much food we probably eat without realizing.  There was a candy tray/dish at work and the first thing I did when I walked past was grab a few pieces and inhale.  Then I realized I wasn't even supposed to eat it.  Can you imagine how many calories a day are consumed from mindless, robotic eating? Anyway, I still had the lemonade.  I wasn't hungry at first, but I am starving now.  When I get home I will have another glass or two, since so far I'm only at four. 

I feel okay, not tired or sluggish.  But not energetic either. We'll see tomorrow :).

No comments:

Post a Comment