Sunday, July 21, 2013

Thick or Winged Eyeliner (Updated w/pics)

**Updated with pics.  Clearly, I forgot to attach them, as I should have probably been in bed asleep not on blogger! LOL. Also, I found my stash of liquid eyeliners, I knew I had some.  They were in a box mixed in with eye pencils (not with my mascaras as I originally thought.**

Hey guys. Super quick post here. I had a friend ask me if she could do a super thick winged eye with a regular pencil eyeliner (as opposed to liquid eyeliner). In my personal opinion, I'm going to say no. First, if you're doing a thick eyeliner you're going to want to use a creamier pencil not a hard one, because that would be pretty painful to color in. The problem with using a creamier pencil is that you won't be able to get the best precision (likely) and it will very likely smudge, move, or smear. 

I personally am the worst at using liquid eyeliner, but I keep saying I'm going to practice more. I'm not a fan of those felt tip pen like liquid liners because I've found that for me they don't apply with even consistency, causing awkward application and streaky lines. I actually went to try it out with a pencil liner and realized that I don't have any liquid liner at all lol!  I've got to fix that problem. Instead I used my Mac fluid line, which is a gel eyeliner. It's kind of the best of both worlds. It's super creamy and even and dark. But it's also easy to apply since you use a brush, leaving less room for error (ideally). Anywho, it worked fine for me with the blacktrack, but with the pencil it looked horrid. Lol. The pencil smeared and I couldn't get the line or wing I wanted. So I'd def recommend liquid eye liner or at least a gel eyeliner. 

Also, don't judge my wing on the pics below I'm working on learning how to draw them. Especially since I think a neutral eye and heavy winged liner go great with a nice bold lip. It's late and I was just playing around. I will post more tutorials after I get my brows done this week. Nothing worse than pretty makeup and bad brows!


First pic: using MAC Fluidline.  Second pic: UD Perversion Eyeliner Pencil.  This was right after I applied both, and clearly the pencil smudged immediately and didn't really let me do a "wing". 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment