Saturday, July 6, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips--Electro Collection

I stopped in Ulta today and saw the newer Maybelline Baby Lips from the Electro Collection.  There are six in total, and I picked up four colors that I liked.  The colors I picked were: Strike a Rose, Pink Shock, Oh Orange, and Berry Bomb.  Two pinks, and orange and a purple.  They apply sheer, with light color, definitely something fun and cute for the summer.  These would look great over some of your lipsticks, or you can wear them along as well.  These babies are made with shea butter and vitamin E, and are "proven" to moisturize lips leaving them smoother and suppler (so says the packaging).  

FYI there are two more colors in the collection, I just did not pick them up.  They were available at Ulta, but I had previously seen swatches and the colors barely show up at all.  Plus, even if they did show up, the likelihood of me wearing yellow (Fierce N Tangy) or green (Minty Sheer) anything on my lips is slim to none. 

As a side note, if you are interested in picking these up, I'd recommend going to Wal-Mart or Target.  They retail for $2.99 as opposed to $3.99 at Ulta.  The only reason I picked them up at Ulta was because they were there, on an endcap I passed and I figured I might as well get them while I was out and I had a coupon. All of the Baby Lips are cheaper at Target or Wal-Mart. 

I find the Baby Lips to be "okay".  I know most of the beauty community would think otherwise, but again, this is just my opinion.  There are folks who have tons of them, and collect them.  I only own (besides the four neon ones) 3 in total.  I personally prefer my lip balms to be balms only, with no color.  I think when you add color it makes application trickier, and for me I usually apply a ton of lip balm so then I'm sitting there with super thick and uneven color.  My all time favorite lip balm will always be EOS lip balm.  It is moisturizing, not too heavy and not too light, and doesn't make you want to apply it every hour like other chapsticks.  

Check out the pics below!





No comments:

Post a Comment