Saturday, June 29, 2013

MAC and ULTA Haul

Picked up a couple things this week, nothing much.  Got my MAC order in the mail yesterday and today I picked up a couple of things from Ulta.  Below is a list of what I picked out, and there are pics further down.   The MAC blush I picked up to use for contouring.  I'm not really great at contouring, especially with liquid.  I've read that Blunt is a favorite in the contouring world because its a matte brown, with no shimmer.  Perfect for a good contour.  Now since my skin is tan, it isn't going to be as "sharp" of a contour, but i'm only looking for something slight anyway, and I think Blunt will be perfect.  Also, I'm trying to get back into liquid eyeliner, and I haven't had a fluidline in ages! Fluidline is great because its formula is forgiving and a bit easier to apply than regular liquid eyeliner.  Blacktrack is very black, and as soon as I use it in a look I will post an updated picture.  I did not want to swatch it today.  

NYX and Almay was on sale at Ulta, so that's why I picked up a couple of things (none of which I really needed lol).  I also picked up another "Chic Red" lipstick for my cousin, and my daughter picked out a  NYX 507 lipstick (for her cat--which is a purse). LOL!  

MAC:
*Powder Blush in Blunt (a warm matte brown)
*Fluidline in Blacktrack (ultra smooth black gel eyeliner)

ULTA:
*Almay Liquid Lip Balm 800-Rosy Lipped
*Almay Liquid Lip Balm 400-Lilac Love
*NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cobalt
*NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Purple Velvet
*NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black
*NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple

**Disclaimer: Excuse my squiggly lines on the eyeliner pic.  I was swatching with my left hand and clearly I'm not good at being lefthanded lol.**





No comments:

Post a Comment