Monday, June 17, 2013

MAC All About Orange--SWATCHES (FINALLY)!!

Check out the pictures below...I know I bought these a week or two ago, but I never got around to swatching them for you guys (IE I haven't opened them up until this point lol).  This is a really beautiful collection with beautiful colors..check out my earlier post for the details on the All About Orange collection.  Unfortunately, most of the items are likely sold out by now, but here are swatches just for you to reference.  Keep in mind that these lipsticks, due to their finishes and light pigmentation, are likely to look different on people with different pigmented lips and different colors.  I'm a medium deep skin tone (deep tan) so these lippies probably don't show up the same as they would with someone who has light or light to medium skin.  Anywho, see below.  I promise that everyday this week I will try and wear one of these all day, so you can see a full face of makeup/lipstick instead of just the small swatch.  It might help provide a better insight into the color of these.  

The lipstick collection consisted of 7 lipsticks, 3 cremesheen glosses, 3 blush and 4 nail polish.  I never really purchase the nail polish, and out of this collection I bought 5 lipsticks, 1 cremesheen and 1 blush.  The two lipsticks I didn't buy were Neon Orange (it's part of the permanent pro collection, I can always get it later down the line when it's back in stock...and its super bright, brighter than Sounds of Noise from the Haley Williams collection) and Tangerine Dream (weird yellowy orange color, I did not like the way it looked on me, it was sort of grainy/sparkly and just not really appealing to me).  The only blush I got was Royal Sunset, a pretty blush with pinky undertones.  Immortal Sunset was a bit too light for me, and Honey Jasmine was pretty, but on me it looked "dirty" if that makes sense.  I picked up 1 of the cremesheen glosses, but I'm returning it lol so I didn't post it.  I forgot (when buying) that I'm not a fan of the cremesheen glosses...they're $20 and you get less product than the $15 lipglass, with a worse finish (in my opinion).  I like the lipsticks, but my faves are probably Sushi Kiss and Tart & Trendy (ironically, the ones that showed the most).

The 5 lipsticks I bought are (LEFT TO RIGHT):  Sweet & Sour (cremesheen), Razzle-Dazzler (lustre), Flamingo (lustre), Sushi Kiss (satin), Tart & Trendy (lustre).











No comments:

Post a Comment