Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ultra Haul: Bare Minerals

Hi guys! I've been meaning to post this for a few days now.  I went to Ulta Saturday and their "steal of the day" was Bare Minerals blush and all over face color.  These normally retail at $19, but for the "steal" were priced at $10.  I went in and swatched a few, as I've never owned or used any Bare Minerals blush or face color. Anywho, the only blush that stood out as something I did not own was secret.  It's a really pretty, soft baby pink.  And everyone needs a baby pink blush.  My former MAC baby pink blush is in crumbles somewhere, so this was a good time to replace it.  Next, I picked up Vintage Peach.  It's a really pretty soft peach with some shimmer.  I almost did not get it because it does seem super similar to some blushes I already own, since I'm more of a peachy blush kind of girl. After going back and forth, I decided to get it.  Arguably, it's not much more $$ than a drugstore blush, and I did like how "soft" it felt.  Lastly, I picked up True, an all over face color.  The all over face color can be used anywhere, eyes, cheek, nose, chin, etc.  Again, this was a color I debated about because it was soooooo shimmery/glittery, I could not fathom using it as a blush.  The only thing that kept me thinking about purchasing was the fact that it has this iridescent element to it, that the pictures don't quite pick up.  I think this could be used over your eyeshadow, no matter what color, for greater emphasis and pop.  I also think it will be great as a highlight.  So I caved and got this one too, lol.  My only complaint (not having actually used these items) is that it seems that these loose powder blushes are a bit wasteful.  For example, you have to open it, tap it, etc, to get the product out.  It is a bit more work than using a compact powder blush, and I would imagine application takes a bit more attention to detail as well, to get even and flawless color.  Anywho, I'm going to try these out this weekend!!












No comments:

Post a Comment