Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation

Hey guys! I picked this foundation up a little while ago, while on my hunt for the perfect shade for my skin.  I read really good reviews online about this foundation, that it was radiant while not heavy or clogging.  The foundation is buildable and offers good coverage and is perfect for all day wear.  The first thing I noticed about the foundation is that it is scented.  I don't think the scent bothered me, but as soon as you pour some out you can smell the "perfumey" scent of the foundation.  The scent does wear off, but that was probably the most noticeable thing for me.  Normally scented face products bother me and I would immediately view the product as a poor performer, or likely to cause some sort of skin reaction.  Well, so far this foundation has not caused any skin outbreaks for me, so that's a good thing.  Also, depending on which liquid foundation you use you might find the Perfection Lumiere to be slightly more runny.  

I applied the foundation with my Tarte bamboo face brush, but I did feel like I used a bit too much product.  Like the sales associate at Nordstrom informed me, this foundation might be best used with a regular foundation brush (or your fingers if you'd like).  I think the color is a great match for my skin (I purchased it in 54 beige ambre) and it is by far one of the best matches I've seen in a while.  Keep in mind, however, my skin is still tan from this summer.  My skin tone may fade a bit as winter sets in.  I sincerely hope not, however, because this foundation comes with a price tag of $55.

I would give this product 4.5/5 stars. 

Check out this great image from karlasugar.net with swatches of the perfection lumiere line.

P.S. SPF factor in this foundation is 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment