Monday, August 5, 2013

Make-Up Removal

Makeup removal is super important for your skin, we all know that. Even more importantly, proper makeup removal is key to good (or better) skin. Using quality makeup removal tools and methods save time and stress to your skin.  If you wear makeup regularly then you might have a specific routine for makeup removal. For those who my wear makeup regularly you may not have a method, and maybe this article can help you.  The best thing to do to remove makeup is to take it off as soon as you're done for the day/night. Never sleep with makeup on if you can avoid it!!! If you feel yourself getting tired wash your face as soon as possible. I'm a firm believer in letting  your skin breathe.  Eye makeup is the hardest makeup to remove generally. Prior to washing your face you should remove all eye makeup. Then wash your face and follow up with your regular skin routine.  Otherwise you will wash your face and still look like you have raccoon eyes when you are done. My personal go to remover is LancĂ´me's Bi-Facil remover. Love it, got a deluxe sample and I still use it. I also use face wipes, they're just not my go to because they always make my skin feel weird or sticky  after, and I still have to wash thoroughly.  They're great for swatching or on the go removal. When I wear heavy or stay put mascara or eyeliner I may, sometimes, try and break up the makeup using Vaseline or oil. I find them great, affordable, moisturizing, and they work!! Far better than pulling and tugging and re-wiping your eyes to get the makeup off. You just apply, rub in, and wipe off.  A lot of your makeup is gone and you can just finish with your night skin care routine.  Either way, I recommend removing eye makeup then washing your face. It results in less pull and tug with your skin. 

To make your own eye remover you can use your preferred oil of choice and a carrier (water or a carrier oil).  Everyone has a preference of oil: jojoba, olive, almond, or grape seed. Mixing it with water helps it be less greasy. Just swipe it on a cotton pad and wipe. You may have to work it in if you've got waterproof eye makeup. Still, cheap and natural so that's a bonus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment