Monday, August 12, 2013

DIY Lip Scrub

I know a few posts back I reviewed Fresh's Sugar Lip Polish, which is a great lip scrub, and super convenient.  It's convenient because you don't have to make it, it lasts forever, and it gets the job done.  Tonight I made my own lip scrub, so I decided to share it with you guys.  While I like Fresh's I do find that when I use my own lip scrub its wayyyyy more moisturizing.  Some pics are below, but the recipe is pretty simple.  I've always played with mine here and there, and you can def substitute ingredients or use less or more to your liking. 

Tonight I used: 

1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp white granulated sugar
1/2 tsp oil to start with--add more if needed (combined olive oil and jojoba oil)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store.  That's it. So simple! Once done, just rub some of the scrub into your lips for a minute or so, then remove with a warm damp towel (cloth or paper). Like I've said, there are so many different ways you could make this lip scrub your own! I usually love to use almond oil, its so super yummy and great smelling, but I couldn't find it so I used a combination of olive and jojoba.  The reason why I put 1-2 tsp oil is that you have to start off with 1-2 tsp and then add more as you go.  I always find that I prefer a dryer scrub, like no residual oil just hanging out in my jar.  I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl, then transferred to this super cool small 1 ounce jar.  The jars were in a package of 2, for $1.  I found them in WalMart's travel section...they make great storage containers for these scrubs or homemade lip balms. The recipe is enough to fill two containers, so give one to a friend! And what does this recipe cost to make? Could it even be more than $1? Lol! Awesome...and be sure to follow up with Vaseline when you're done.  Or some lip balm to moisturize after, and you're all set with gorgeous lips.

Check out the pics below1 


No comments:

Post a Comment