Friday, December 13, 2013

Colored Raine Haul

So on Black Friday Coloured Raine had a really good 30% off sale. I had been eyeing their lippies for a whole, and I had a little change in my Paypal account, so I decided to to give some a try. I picked up three colors, and I've decided to give my overall opinion of the lipsticks. 

I will start by saying that this is a really popular brand among make up artists and its a small business, so it isn't going to be as cheap as drug store lipstick and maybe not the quality of higher end lipstick. 

These lipsticks retail at $14, so a little cheaper than Mac and a little more than the drugstore brands. With that being said, my overall thoughts are this: 

  1. The color range is the bomb. These lipsticks come in bold colors and neutral colors. I honestly love every single shade offered by CR. 
  2. The quality is also impressive as it relates to color opaqueness  I can't say how long they last, because I haven't worn these for more than minutes at a time. They are non-drying and semi-hydrating in fact. 
  3. The price isn't horrible I don't find it's bad, especially since I got a good deal, I paid about $9.30 for each one. 
  4. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed with the packaging. It's beautiful, it just feels soooooo light to me. But maybe because I'm used to MAC, which is heavy. One people might like this feature though. 
  5. Lastly, the smell wasn't bad but it wasn't pleasant. It was slightly reminiscent of hair store lipstick. But that's no biggie. 
Overall, I'd purchase these lipsticks again. The colors are bold and fun, the price is good, and I LOVE CR's social media page! The owner seems like such a delightful person! 

Check out the pics below. I got three lippies, Socialite, Plum Fairy and Stalker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment