Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Hair is Super Soft Today...

I've been doing a ton of (internet) research about different hair care lines that are supposed to be great for natural hair.  My daughter has super thick and curly natural hair (a term used, generally, to refer to African-American or mixed hair, free of perm, relaxer, or chemicals).  Natural hair is typically dry and most products that cater towards natural hair are super moisturizing and conditioning.  I've purchased several products and I've been trying different combos to see what works best for her hair.

While I was at Whole Foods last night I stumbled across the Giovanni line of hair care products.  While this line doesn't necessarily cater to "natural" hair, I've read a lot of positive reviews about the Direct Leave in Conditioner being great.  I decided to try it out, especially since there was a $1.00 off coupon attached to the bottle, lol!  I also decided to look at the shampoo, and decided to try the  Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo for myself.  I normally wouldn't use tea tree shampoo on my daughter because it can tend to dry out hair, but I like to use a scalp care shampoo for myself (because I suffer from horrible dry scalp, and I was also fresh out).

Anywho, to get to the point, I used the Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo this morning, and it was divine!!! I honestly didn't notice anything different while washing, but after I washed and combed through it, my hair was noticeably softer.  I didn't blow dry, just let it air dry, and I'm honestly surprised at what a difference it made, considering I followed it with my usual Pantene conditioner, not the Giovanni (I never use a leave in conditioner).  Not only is it super soft, but its shiny, smooth, and I have less 'fly aways' than I normally have. I don't have super great hair, lots of fly aways and some breakage, but I'm pleased with the difference I noticed today.  I'm going to pick up the Smooth as Silk Conditioner next time I'm at the store.

**My usual hair care routine is shampoo with a scalp care/anti-dandruff shampoo, followed by a Pantene shampoo and conditioner.**

The Giovanni line is available at Whole Foods, Target, and Amazon if you ever decide to try them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment